Registered Nurse (RN)
Status: Full Time
Category: Nursing - HCC
Location: Wichita, KS
The primary objective of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to implement the plan of care for each resident that will lead to the highest level of functioning attainable, and then will maintain the resident at that level for as long as possible. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the direct care of residents, working along with the direct care staff to provide quality care for the residents. The Registered Nurse will coordinate the work of direct care staff serving on their team. The Registered Nurse is responsible to assist in the training and orientation of personnel, implementing the evacuation and/or disaster plan, providing emergency care for residents of the Health Care Center and appartments, notifying physicians, implementing orders, administering medications and treatments, and documenting and reporting all information or changes for each resident. It is essential that the Registered Nurse maintain upon communcation with all coworkers.
FT 2nd shift EOW
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have current physical examination showing freedom from certain types of communicable diseases.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Products such as Outlook, Windows, Excel and Word preferred.
- Must have unexpired Registered Nurse license issued by the State of Kansas.
- Must have current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Card (CPR) issued by recognized provider such as American Heart Association or American Red Cross that includes hands-on practice and in-person skills assessment or be able to obtain CPR training and card within 30-days of hire date.
- Long term care experience preferred, but not required.
Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.