Status: Part Time
Location: Wichita, KS
Working at Larksfield Place doesn't just mean that you have a job at Larksfield Place, it means you are part of our family of our residents and our team of exceptional caregivers. If you are ready to work for a company where you are not just a number but you are a part of the family Larksfield Place has just the job for you. There is a good reason why compared to 15,636 other nursing facilities Larksfield Place ranks 1st in Kansas and 5th in the nation! It is because of our exceptional team of caregivers and staff. We are currently looking for hardworking Laundry Attendants to help us take care of our residents and patients.
At Larksfield Place we take care of you so you can take care of our residents and patients. We offer leading benefits in our industry and competitive pay with growth opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (employer will cover up to 80% of premiums)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- 401-K Plan with employer match
- On site Massage therapist, Acupuncturist, beauty salon, fitness center, business center, banking, restaurants and dry cleaning services
- And much, much more!
The primary function of the Laundry Attendant is to collect, clean, fold, sort and transport garments and linens to meet resident needs.
- Operate automated laundry solution dispensing system and automated water temperature system.
- Follow infection control procedures through proper handling, storage, washing and transporting of all garments and linens.
- Preserve the life and usefulness of linens through proper use of laundry cleaning supplies and techniques.
- Identify and report garments and linens in ill repair to supervisor.
- Maintain an adequate supply of clean linens for daily use in resident care and ancillary areas of the facility.
- Follow department schedule for resident laundry pickup and delivery.
- Fold, identify, mark and stack resident flat laundry e.g. sheets, blankets, towels.
- Maintain delivery cart and clothing rack in order, insuring that clothing is returned to the proper resident.
- Deliver clothing to resident’s room, knock before entering and identify yourself.
- Operate company owned vehicle, transporting laundry between buildings.
- Operate mechanical lift on company vehicle, raising and lowering laundry carts from ground to truck.
- Load and unload laundry carts from company vehicle.
- Identify and report problems with company vehicle to supervisor
- Properly use and care for all laundry equipment.
- Perform duties of Housekeeper or Janitor as necessary.
- Follow waste disposal procedures in accordance with facility policy.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must have current physical examination showing freedom from certain types of communicable diseases.
- Must be capable of securing and maintaining a Kansas Driver’s License.
- Prefer previous experience operating and maintaining industrial laundry equipment.