Status: Full Time
Category: Food Service - IL
Location: Wichita, KS
Larksfield Place Retirement Communities has an excellent opportunity for an experience cook with a passion of serving quality food in a fine dining establishment! Larksfield Place serves some of the finest meals in Wichita and is looking for a cook to join the team!
At Larksfield Place we take care of you so you can take care of our residents and patients. We offer leading benefits in our industry and competitive pay with growth opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (employer will cover up to 80% of premiums)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- 401-K Plan with employer match
- On site Massage therapist, Acupuncturist, beauty salon, fitness center, business center, banking, restaurants and dry cleaning services
- And much, much more!
The primary function of the Line Cook is the preparation of daily meals. The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for residents, employees, and visitors under the direction of the Chef or Lead Cook.
- Prepare meals according to company recipes under the guidance of the Lead Cook or Executive Chef, ensuring that they are flavorful, cooked to and served at the correct temperature, are attractively garnished; keeping in mind special dietary requirements when required.
- Comply with established sanitation, personal hygiene and health standards. Observer proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely, marking the date on each item. Inventory leftover food according to the established schedule, disposing of all food items more than two-days old, unless the item can be used immediately.
- Follow the cleaning schedule keeping work areas neat and clean at all times. Maintain kitchen and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Drain and clean the steam table daily.
- Wipe down all surfaces and clean the kitchen after the meal has been served and before leaving the work area.
- Wipe down the reach-ins every day.
- Perform prep work for the next day; verify that food items on the menu for the following day are available.
- Must have a current physical examination showing freedom from certain types of communicable diseases.
- Must obtain a food handlers card from Sedgwick County Health Department within 30 days of employment.
-Prefer High school graduate or GED